Privacy and Cookies Policy
TP ICAP Plc and its subsidiaries (collectively “TP ICAP”, “we”, “us”, “our”) are committed to safeguarding the personal information of its website users which includes may include name, email address, online identifier, IP addresses (“Personal Information”), and processing it in line with "Data Protection Legislation" meaning the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”), the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and any other applicable privacy or data protection laws . TP ICAP is the data controller in respect of any personal information collected directly from all website visitors. This Privacy Notice sets out how and why personal information may be collected by TP ICAP from website visitors and provides other information as required by law including how we respect individual rights, and TP ICAP’s Cookie Notice applies to any person visiting any TP ICAP websites.
We use Personal Information
(a) to provide you with our services on an ongoing basis, in accordance with our contract
(b) to improve our website and services
(c) to comply with our own legal and regulatory obligations, including applicable anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financial legislation
(d) for our internal business processes, including providing support to our employees.
We may share Personal Information with third parties
Including our professional advisors, service providers, regulatory bodies, auditors, technology providers, and any duly authorised agents or related, associated, or affiliated companies of the foregoing for the same purposes. By submitting your Personal Information to us, you acknowledge that such third parties may receive and process your Personal Information. We ask all third parties to treat your Personal Information securely and in accordance with this Notice and we take reasonable steps to enforce this.
Sensitive personal information
"Sensitive Personal Information" is Personal Information concerning an individual's: (i) racial or ethnic origin, (ii) political opinions, (iii) religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, (iv) membership of a trade union, (v) physical or mental health or condition, (vi) sexual life or orientation, (vii) commission or alleged commission of any offence or any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by him/her, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.
Where we receive Sensitive Personal Information we will only keep such information for as long as strictly necessary in order to comply with our obligations under the law.
We may also be required to disclose your Personal Information in line with applicable legal obligations
including anti-money laundering or anti-terrorist financing obligations, to carry out an internal investigation, to enforce our website terms and conditions or any other agreement, or protect the rights, property, or the safety of TP ICAP or it employees. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention who may in turn provide that information (including Personal Information and financial information) to foreign tax authorities. In exceptional circumstances, if we are sold or merged with another company we may disclose your information to a potential buyer, including your Personal Information and other information concerning your relationship with us, so that they can continue to provide the services you have requested.
We only retain your Personal Information for as long as we have a legitimate business interest to do and in line with the Data Protection Legislation. Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and, although we take steps to protect your Personal Information in line with applicable laws, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information when it is transmitted via the Website; any transmission is therefore at your own risk.
Any Personal Information provided to us may be transferred to and stored on third parties’ servers and we take reasonable steps to ensure these procedures comply with relevant laws.
We take steps to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access and against unlawful
processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage.
- To request a copy of all the information that we hold about you;
- To request amendments or corrections so that your records are accurate and up to date;
- To request that your information is deleted;
- To request that your information is forwarded on to a 3rd party (“right of data portability”).
TP ICAP may update this Privacy and Cookies Notice, as needed due to legal or business requirements. For any other queries or to lodge a complaint, please contact GlobalDataPrivacy@tpicap.com
What are cookies?
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas.
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use our Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages from the web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor; all information these cookies collect is aggregated and is therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our Website works.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to identify unique visitors to websites. If you log in to the website, these are the cookies that allow us to remember who you are and what your preferences are so that we can provide you with access to pages personal to you, (for example your account pages or your selected font size). These cookies can help to keep your visit to the site secure.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. These cookies collect the most information about users.
- Session cookies. These cookies allow us to identify your device as you use the Website, so that you are not treated as a new visitor each time you go to another part of the Website.
Amending cookie preferences