Version 1.0, 28 March 2018
1.1.1. TP ICAP recognises it has a responsibility to help protect and preserve the environment. To this end the Company endeavours to carry out all reasonably practical measures to meet its responsibilities to reduce its impact on the environment.
The Company makes a commitment to:
- Ensure compliance with all current environmental legislation.
- Seek to identify forthcoming environmental legislation to ensure timely compliance with such new legislation.
- Seek to improve its management of energy, emissions, use of resources and waste
- performance to prevent pollution and provide resources to support effective improvement opportunities.
- Monitor and report the Company’s annual energy usage and greenhouse gas emissions, as appropriate.
- Adopt sustainable procurement practices and work with customers and suppliers to improve energy performance throughout the Company’s supply chain.
- Review this statement and other relevant environmental documentation at regular intervals.
1.2.1. Responsibility for social, ethical and environmental matters rests with the Board, and is included in its terms of reference. The Chief Executive Officer is the Board member responsible for Corporate and Social Responsibility, and as such is responsible for the Company’s Environmental Policy.
1.2.2. The Chief Operating Officer (COO) has line management responsibility for delivery of the Company’s Environmental Policy through the Facilities Management function, which reports to the COO. The Facilities Management function is responsible for implementing and maintaining the Company’s Environmental Management System (EMS) to ensure the Environmental Policy commitments are met.
1.3 Review and improvement
1.3.1. TP ICAP will continue to monitor the effectiveness of measures implemented under the Environmental Policy. In particular the Company will:
- Support the Facilities Management function in co-ordinating and monitoring the implementation of necessary good practice standards, including the Environmental Management System across the Company’s offices, as appropriate and as required by legislation in each country.
- Produce an accurate annual assessment of the Company’s energy and emissions performance, in its core businesses, for the purposes of management review, voluntary reporting to stakeholders and legislative compliance.
- Produce an accurate annual assessment of the Company’s waste and natural resources use performance, in its core businesses, for the purposes of management review, voluntary reporting to stakeholders and legislative compliance.
- Review actual energy and emissions performance and trends, in its core businesses, and consider amendments to the Environmental Policy as part of an annual environmental management review, and to implement amendments as necessary.
1.4.1. TP ICAP is committed to communicating the Company’s Environmental Policy to employees, contractors, suppliers and other interested parties.
EXPERT INSIGHT & ANALYSIS
Keep up to date with the latest insights and commentary from our global network of in-house experts on LinkedIn.